Saturday, April 26, 2008

Lets forget about tomorrow, for tomorrow never comes

nothing beats a whole day at home. Okay, maybe not the whole day.

(sorry if my posts are so wordy)


My saturday started off with Choir practice, which was seriously really enjoyable. For once, we weren't busy with sectionals or pia-ing of the same usual songs. I do admit it can be quite tiring to be singing the same few songs over and over again, that's why we were always so lethargic.

It was different today; only the people going to Olomouc were present besides a few individuals, also with the juniors going in and out due to their oral examinations, the music room was rather empty 8D



Well, it feels different to have Cornelius saying "Choir, stand up for warm ups!" but I have a positive feeling about this batch of committee members ^_^

Anyway, mrToh came shortly after that and gave us voice classes. We formed a circle in the music room and were made to do excercises (that reminded me of yoga). Some of them were plain retarded, like we were going to drop dead, or another one with us rotating our mouths (or whatever you call that) to relax our facial muscles. Others include walking around while stamping and tapping to a rhythm, bubbling exercises and so on.

We worked on Illay for the rest of the practice which ended at 12 plus, seems like the voice classes really helped us to warm up quite a fair bit.


Walked home with Peixuan, Qianyu, Elizabeth and Joyce; we sang many songs (like we always do) on the way down.



Reminds you of those days eh? The esplanade performance, Voyage of songs, jubilate...so we sang our favourites: Dorven Dalai, Boat song. what else? Too bad there wasn't anybody to sing LukLukLumbu with me then, the juniors should really learn it soon! It isn't just one of my favourite songs, its my favourite song.


Choir is fun! :D ;D :D ;D :D I WANT THE CONCERT VIDEO SOON PLEASE! (and its coming soon! :D)






Bought some food and went home and happened to find a CD in the cupboard named "the best of Frank Sinatra". I liked it very much :}

My favourites shall remain as Strangers in the night (which I put on repeat for a whole day a few weeks ago), It was a very good year and Somewhere in your heart. But seriously, almost every single song in there was great. It wouldn't be called "best of frank sinatra" for nothing right?



My dad used to sing these songs every now and then, before he started working overseas. The last time he came home for the short period of three days, I dragged him in front of my computer and made him listen to a few of my favourite classics and these oldies. He liked them very much and that's how we managed to spend half an hour together. Come to think of it, he's been singing these oldies or listening to classics ever since I was born.

I really really miss my daddy ): Its kinda lonely sometimes, with only my mom and I in the house (my brother's in NUS hostel). Or when my mom goes out at night, It'll only be me, myself and I with the walls in my room. Of course, its really nice to spend some time alone too, but still...


Anyway I don't just listen to these, in fact, the bulk of my music are made up of instrumentals, chinese, english and japanese pop etc. If lee hom were to come to singapore, I'd really attend his concert. (i'm a screaming fan! Liukaiying go with me if he ever comes! :D) Same goes for my other japanese idols ^_^ and english songs too, anybody has "no air" and "with you"? Or maybe dumbelle and illay? ):

I've decided to ask for some music scores or "rhapsody in blue", "brahm's symphony no.1" CD from him as a birthday present. Asking for a piano would be impossible, I think he'd rather bring me on a trip to space. (i'm serious)




Bah, I churn out these kind of posts when I'm bored at home.

Its Studying time! *neutral face*

No comments: